Changing Our Focus to See the Presence of God
If we want to see God in the midst of our struggles, we have to change the way we look for him.
There is no denying that miracles, answers to prayer, and abundant blessings testify to God’s presence. When the desires of our hearts are filled, it’s easy to see him. But what about the seasons when he seems invisible? Scripture tells us God never sleeps, but it is easy to feel like he is not attuned to our needs. Shift explores the life-changing truth that when we adjust our lens to focus our eyes on God rather than on what we wish we were seeing in our lives, he reveals himself to us. In fact, those moments when he seems invisible to us are often when others see him the most in us.
When Jesus walked the earth, he looked to God for his earthly needs. Jesus had a deep relationship with the Father that fueled his mission, his purpose, and his effectiveness. Scripture tells us that we can have that too. But there is a shift that needs to take place in our hearts and minds. No matter our circumstances, we can see God in our lives—right here, right now.
Endorsements for Abby McDonald’s Shift
- Kelly Balarie, Speaker, Blogger at www.purposefulfaith.com, Author of Fear Fighting and Battle Ready: Train your Mind to Conquer Challenges, Defeat Doubt and Live Victoriously
- Lisa Murray, LMFT, author of Peace For A Lifetime: Embracing a Life of Hope, Wholeness, and Harmony Through Emotional Abundance
– Jami Amerine, author of Stolen Jesus and Sacred Ground Sticky Floors
– Kristine Brown, author of Over It. Conquering Comparison to Live Out God’s Plan & the Over It. Devotional for Teen Girls
– Kelly O’Dell Stanley, author of Praying Upside Down, Designed to Pray, and InstaPrayer
– Lyli Dunbar, Writer, Speaker, and Biblical Life Coach; Writer for Proverbs 31 Ministries First 5 App and Love God Greatly
- Katie M. Reid, author of Made Like Martha: Good News for the Woman Who Gets Things Done