You want to write, but you feel like your message has already been shared a hundred times before.
Or perhaps you wonder, “Who am I to share this? What are people going to think?” I know how defeating these thoughts can be because I’ve had them too.
As a certified writing coach, one of the many obstacles I help writers navigate is mental barriers. Other challenges we may address include finding your unique purpose and identity as a writer and finding your ideal reader. If you want to write but are uncertain about your next step, I’d love to help you. Or perhaps you’ve been writing for a while, but you’ve hit a rut. God has given me a passion for helping others pursue their writing dreams, and I’m excited to share this passion with you! Through our regular time together, we will:
- Develop a writing routine that is life giving rather than constraining, and create consistency to help you make progress toward your goals.
- Uncover obstacles that are keeping you stuck, and create an action plan to navigate them and still move forward.
- Build confidence in who you are as a writer, so you can share regularly with your readers.
- Discover your writing strengths and the unique message you’re passionate about conveying.
Your writing doesn’t need to be put on the back burner any longer. Sometimes we simply need a guide to come alongside us to help us navigate the journey.
Ready to get started? Book a free 30-minute discovery call today!
- One 30-minute discovery call
- One 50-minute coaching session
- Two email communications to provide accountability and encouragement
- One personalized resource
- One 30-minute discovery call
- Four 50-minute coaching sessions
- Three email communications to provide accountability and encouragement
- Two personalized resources
- One 30-Minute discovery call
- Six 50-minute coaching sessions
- Four email communications to provide accountability and encouragement
- Three personalized resources
The Wordsmiths’ Café
I believe one of the greatest ways I can be a good steward of the gifts God has given me is to share them with others. Once every quarter or so, I share some of the things I’ve learned from my experiences writing in a newsletter specifically for writers, The Wordsmiths’ Café. This newsletter is part of a The Ladder to Rooftop Academy, which is a resource packed full of useful information for bloggers, writers and speakers.
Here is a list The Wordsmiths’ Café’s articles to date:
- Hosting a Blog Series and Guest Posting
- When the Cursor Won’t Stop Cursing You
- 3 Things to Do With a Rejection
Other Places You Can Find Me
Over the years I’ve had the privilege of being featured in many publications both online and in print. I’m always amazed at the doors God opens, often when we least expect it.
This is not an all-inclusive list, but here are a few of the places other than my blog where you can find me:
- Freedom From Perfection, (in)Courage, July 2014
- When You’re Afraid You’ll Make the Wrong Decision, God-Sized Dreams, October 2014
- How Do I Stop Worrying, Proverbs 31 Ministries, January 2015
- 101 Secrets to a Happy Marriage, Thomas Nelson, January 2015
- Motherhood: I Want to Thrive, Not Just Survive, Faith Spilling Over, January 2015
- The Friends Who Pursue Us, (in)Courage, June 2015
- 3 Truths to Remember When God Asks You to Wait, Crosswalk, August 2016
- 3 Truths to Remember When You Think God is Disappointed in You, iBelieve, October 2016
- The Only Sure Way to Multiply Your Time, Purposeful Faith, October 2016
- Why the World Needs Your Voice and No One Else’s Will Do, Purposeful Faith, February 2017
- A Love That Pursues, Deeper Waters, March 2017
- A Moment to Breathe: 365 Devotions that Meet You in Your Everyday Mess, B&H Publishing, October 2017
Reading is my love language! There are few things (other than writing) that fill me up more than sitting down with a good book, a cup of coffee and a couple of minutes to myself without little ones asking me for snacks every five seconds. I actually committed my life to following Christ after reading Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life, so it will always be a favorite.
Here are a few other books that have made it to my favorites list over the years:
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers – If you’re looking for a good fiction read that will make you feel the depth of God’s love for you, look no further. This book is patterned after the life of Hosea from the Old Testament, and shows just how far our Savior will go for those he calls his own.
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas – After my husband and I moved cross-country together for the second time in our marriage, we went through a rough season. We were living in a new location where we had no friends, no family and no home church. This book was a wedding gift from my husband’s best man. During that difficult season, it became a lifeline.
- 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp – This book taught me the power of gratitude. I never thought of gratitude as something that could change my life, but it can and it has. Ann touched the deep places of my heart with her raw honesty, her lyrical style of writing, and her grace. This one will stay on my shelves for a lifetime and I know I’ll go back to its truths again and again.
- Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado – Max Lucado has a way of taking truths from God’s word that seem complex and breaking them down in an easy, practical way. Reading his work is like sitting down with a friend over coffee. This book made me fall in love with Jesus all over again, and showed me the many ways he transforms us to be the beautiful creations he made us to be.