“God, take the decision out of my hands.”
I didn’t say the prayer out loud, but I may as well have. For months, I had gone back and forth over a life-altering choice that would change our family forever: whether or not to have another baby.
And every time I thought I’d decided, the endless trail of what-ifs froze me in my tracks. What if we lost the baby? What if the baby was born with a birth defect? Of course, I’d have to have another surgery and what if it didn’t go well?
So instead of making a decision, I remained in a state of inertia. The unknowns loomed over me like an unpredictable storm, and I my feet were stationary.
One day in early spring, something shifted. My mama instincts kicked in and I knew the possibility of new life was real. I could taste it. Fear and excitement overwhelmed me in alternating waves, and I spent the morning waiting to buy the test confirming my suspicions were right.
Will you continue reading with me? Today I’m sharing the rest of my story over at Purposeful Faith. You can read the rest of my post here.
Note: We will continue our Rays in the Storm series on Tuesday, April 19th. I look forward to continuing our discussion!